Purchasing & Travel - Purchasing Tips
- Always sign your orders/check requests/travel reports.
- Only charge research-related items to the grant.
- Please refer to the examples of allowable and unallowable expenses below. If in doubt, please check with the Training Grant Coordinator to see if costs are allowable.
- Sponsored Projects requires a 2-3 sentence scientific justification for general purpose items, such as computers.
- Please do not put off all of your purchasing until the end of the year. A large number of purchases and high-cost purchases at the end of the fund cycle raise red flags to internal/external auditors and SPA.
- Original, itemized receipts (credit card receipts are not acceptable) are required for all reimbursements.
Please note that all orders, requests for reimbursement, and balance inquiries should be directed to Tamara Toal.